Thursday, May 24, 2007

my lucky fall.

i was waiting for the time where we needed to get ready for liana's violin recital, and i got something to do while waiting. i got to answer the phone. on the other line was my father wanting to speak to my mother. eager to bring the phone to my mother (wanting to do something with all my energy) i started running through the house. through the kitchen, dining room, and half of the hallway when all of the sudden i tripped on the rug that is in front of the bench, literally flew all the way to the other end of it. i almost landed on my face, but thankfully learning at a young age from my brother jamie, you should put your hands down when your going to fall on your face. this helped my face, but not my right knee. i got a horrable rug burn. it doesn't look like one at all. instead it looks like i cut a layer of my skin off somehow. i got through the quick pain, and went to the kitchen to clean the cut and put something on it so it wouldn't get infected. if peter and kelly were here a few minutes earlier than when they had come for their guitar lesson, they would have gotten to see the whole show. maybe its a good thing that they didn't though. :)
i was able to get ready for the recital, and that obviously took a few minutes.
the recital went well, and it wasn't to hard for me. i am glad that i was able to finish one thing that night though...

i got to bring the phone to my mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so funny!

and you'll be telling that story plenty. trust me. my tripping-on-rug stories have gotten lots of mileage!

Darlene Sinclair said...

Cute, fun story! Maybe it was worth all the pain just for a good story to tell -- maybe! ;)

Love you!

said...

Yay!! You wrote again :D. Cant wait to see ya this summer.

Stefi