Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Malorian Rich

Somehow we were content,
We were happy with our lives.
My mother and father always kept strong,
And I did my best to keep strong.

When my father was young he fought in war.
We would ask for stories about it,
But he would just tell us that you have to be,
A very brave man to be in battle.

My father was always by my mothers side.
He was with her when she had children,
And most of all when a son or daughter would die.
They loved each other very much and helped each other
Get through anything.

Soon enough I grew up,
And soon my family passed away.
Sibling after sibling did they leave this world.

Mother passed,
And a while later father followed.

I was the last to leave,
The last to die.

1 comment:

danica said...

Is Malorian Rich a real person?

I like poems that do NOT rhyme. I think it's because a good poem somehow conveys cadence of thought, rhythm of feeling, and rhyming of imagery regardless of the words, length of stanza, anything. That's just me. (Not Carson!)

I love this poem.