Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tell Me.

Tell me love,
Are the trees still green? And the sky a faint blue?
Do you hear the whisper of the wind that slowly controls you?
Are the woods still dark, and is there still that crack,
That when you step on a stick it snaps right in half?

Tell me dear one,
Does the piano still play,
As beautifully as I remember it playing that day?
Do the sliding doors still screech when you pull them,
And the floor still creek even as you glide once more?
Do all of these things happen,
Or are they left abandoned where none makes a sound?

Tell me again,
That you love me forever.
For with no sight at all,
I cannot tell,
If what you say,
Is not just a fairytale.

Tell me once more,
That you love me forever.
But do it in some way that I can understand,
For I cannot hear as I once did.
So take my hand and tell me through that,
You'll love me forever,
And that,
You won't regret.

2 comments:

Boylemarky said...

awesome! I really like this one, like a lot. I like the tell me love thing you got going there. Keep writing, it sounds great.

Debbie Flack said...

How beautiful!
~ Debbie F.