Sunday, June 26, 2011



money.




a material object.





something that we all have in common, no matter how depleted our amount may be.




When I think of money, I think of people and the many different hands that hold on so tightly to their money. They hold on tightly to a material thing that won't pay their way to eternity.

No. It doesn't matter how much you have. There is no need to be wealthy. It isn't the key to heaven. It is, unfortunately, sometimes a key to a persons heart.

When I think of money....

...I think of being free from debt.
No longer being tied down and having that feeling of relief.


Do you know how many people are in debt for their whole entire lives?
Too many.
It becomes a constant cloud in their life and a weight in their heart.
My debt is paid. It's paid by Him.
My guilt, my shame, and my debt is all paid.
I am free.

...I think of fathers and husbands that have no money to help their wives and children live, and the shame they must feel from having a duty that they cannot fulfill.


There is another way to live. Another way without money.
It's through Him.
He removes that shame.
But so many don't know that and they continue living while calling themselves failures.

...I think of children that maybe have never seen money before in their lives.


They live in dirt.
They pray for a better life.
And they cry because they are so alone.
Money? They have none.
You could have the smallest amount of money and they would still think you're wealthy.

Money links us all together in some way and sadly, it is the common "language" in this world.

Something I want?
That one day every person would be linked together through Christ. That He would be the thing that we all have in common, and that every person in this world would hunger and thirst for Him who has already paid our debt.

1 comment:

danica said...

camilla. such.good.thoughts. love the images, the artistic expression of thought.